Rtn David Anderson, our previous member and now is the member of Rotary Club of Todi, Italy brought a cheque of 1300 Euros to donate to the Leprosy Project. President Stephen represented the project to receive the cheque.
Today, we had EGM, Board Members presented their report to the club.
- Membership Chairman PP George reported that we had 5 new members this year but we had 3 members resigned so we had 2 net gain. RCHKS now has 48 members and 8 Honorary members.
- Vocational Service Chairman PP Paul reported that we had one vocational visit this year to the factory of Eu Yan Sang on 30th October 2010 and we had 3 members conduct vocational talks with members.
- Interact Service Chairman PP Thomas reported that our club had 4 Interact Clubs, Interact Club at Canadian International School oragnised English Dialogue Session at HK True Light College and Interact Club of German Swiss International School; we also had English Dialogue Session at Apleichau Kaifong Primary School. Our club invited Interactors and Interact Advisors from 4 Interact Schools to join our dinner meeting on 16th June 2011.
- PP Nick reported on behalf of Fund Raising Chairman PP Bernie that Club 888 had sold all tickets (500) this year. And our Leprosy Project is making good progress.
- VP Rebecca reported on behalf of Fellowship Chairlady Rtn Mireya that the Annual Ball at Top Deck on 5th May was great, also we had Spring Dinner, Christmas Party, Golf Tournament and wine tasting this year.
- International Service Chairman PP Francesco sent the apology that he cannot attend the meeting but he send his report to President Stephen. The Board approved USD4,000 for the Grandma Care Project. PP Francesco established a guideline for selection Sister Clubs and he would like to establish more sister clubs in different areas, now we had three sister clubs, they are Rotary Club of Yokohama Midori, JAPAN, Rotary Club of Koh Samui, THAILAND and Rotary Club of Dasmarinas, PHILIPPINES.
- Treasurer PP Kishore also cannot attend but send the report to President Stephen that our club’s Members’ Account now have a surplus of HK$77K, for the Community Service Account, we had an accumulated balance of HK$692K, of which HK$153K has been pre-allocated, leaving HK$539K available for consideration.
Sergeant at Arms PP Thomas collected HK$740 for raffle and fines. Rtn David Anderson from Rotary Club of Todi brought us his home made red wine and olive oil as raffle prizes. PP Paul won the bottle of olive oil and PP Raymond won the red wine.