District Conference will be held on 19-20 March 2011 at HK Convention Centre.
Club 888 raffle draw 2010-2011 will be held on 5th May, we need to finalize the prize list on 14th Feb, but we only have half of the prize, please help to get the prize.
IPP Peter would like to propose each member to donate US$100.00 towards The Rotary Foundation to become EREY Club this year. Rtn Fali seconded the suggestion and was approved by members.
The birthday girl today was Rtn Betty, who treated us champagne to celebrate. President Stephen presented a bottle of red wine as Rtn Betty’s birthday gift, also, PP Paul led to sing a birthday song to Rtn Betty.
The speaker today was Mr. Paul Zimmerman, his topic was “Planning and Development in Pokfulam”. Urban activist Paul Zimmerman’s passion is the environment, especially the harbour. After a quarter century in Hong Kong, he now has a seat at the table as a councillor in Southern District. He won a by-election for a vacant seat in September to become a rare non-Chinese speaking local politician. His style is confrontational. When he can’t accomplish what he wants by working within the system, he says he’s happy to step outside of it.
Paul talked about Pokfulam’s Waterfront Development, his objectives including:
* To enhance Pokfulam as a garden district
* To provide facilities for passive and active recreation.
* To build a continuous wide promenade from Sandy Bay to Wah Fu / Wah Kwai with level path as much as possible along the waterfront
* To keep the waterfront facilities as simple, green and open as possible.
* Parking facilities nearby the Pokfulam’s Waterfront
* To minimize any negative impact of Pokfulam’s waterfront development to the residents
Our Sergeant at arms, Rtn Stephen collected HK$1,390 for raffle and fines and he got the raffle prize as a bottle of red wine.